Products SocialEngine Plugins
SocialEngine SEO / Sitemap Plugin
This plugin provides Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for Title, Description, Keywords as well as customized additional headers for SE standard pages. It also support XML sitemap file building for your site contents including core site map menu urls, user profile urls, and popular plugin page view urls via site map channel API. Easy submit sitemap to major search engine like Google, Bing thru Update Notification (ping) etc..
You can learn more about the important of having SEO / Sitemap on your SocialEngine website by reading this guess post: Giving the Google Spider A Map To Crawl
- Global Title, Description, and Keywords editing
- Support override any title and set any META description and any META keywords you want for standard SE pages.
- Generates META tags automatically.
- Support dynamic subject (item/object) title, description, keywords, and subject's owner user's display name replacement for page title, description, keywords.
- Many different output formatting for page title, description / keyword meta tags such as Prepend, Append, Override mode to global site title, description, and keywords.
- Ability to add custom channels for other SE 3rd party plugins
- Build customizable sitemap file from your site contents
- Output standard sitemap XML and compressed Gzip files using Sitemap Protocol
- Can generate different sitemap per each channel
- Customizable output file and output format
- Update Notification to major search engines: Google, Bing,
Ask, and Yahoo (removed / service retired)
- Task scheduling for auto-build and update notification.
- API is provided for easy add-on sitemap channels
- Customizable change frequency, priority, and date modified for sitemap urls
- Ability to set max output urls per channel
Built-in Sitemap Channels
This plugin has interface to add custom channels for 3rd party plugins very easily. This feature makes SEO / Sitemap a very flexiable, extendable, and customizable plugin. It comes built-in with support for all SE official plugins, as well as popular Radcodes plugins.
- Core Sitemap Menu urls
- Custom Pages (built via Admin :: Layout Editor)
- User Profiles
- Album Plugin
- Article Plugin
- Blog Plugin
- Busines Plugin
- Classified Plugin
- Education Plugin
- Employment Plugin
- Event Plugin
- Forum Plugin
- Game Plugin
- GMap Plugin
- Group Plugin
- Job Plugin
- Link Plugin
- Listing Plugin
- Marketplace Plugin
- Music Playlist Plugin
- CMS Page Plugin
- Petition Plugin
- Pet Plugin
- Pin Plugin
- Poll Plugin
- Post Plugin
- Propertie Plugin
- Resume Plugin
- Review Plugin
- RSS Feed Plugin
- Video Plugin
- Word Plugin
NOTE: The plugin does not make any guarantee on the search ranking placement of your site. The ranking position is up to the search engine, which no one really have control over (unless you pay to be on top etc..) For the Sitemap part, the main job of the plugin is to "generate the sitemap" of links on your site for you, so that you do not have to do it manually (imagining create a sitemap with thousand of urls yourself). It also (optionally) help you submit that sitemap to the search engines, so that you do not have to manually do it. Submitting a site map does NOT guarantee that it would have good or bad effect on your site placement in anyway. Sitemap XML helps search engine bots find pages on the site. If you have question about placement / ranking position of your site, you should contact search engine or SEO firm for full analysis regarding using title, description, keywords that work best for your site content.
Below is the direct quote from WikiPedia, you can learn more about site map on Sitemap Wiki page.
Google introduced Google Sitemaps so web developers can publish lists of links from across their sites. The basic premise is that some sites have a large number of dynamic pages that are only available through the use of forms and user entries. The Sitemap files can then be used to indicate to a web crawler how such pages can be found. Bing, Google, Yahoo and Ask now jointly support the Sitemaps protocol.
Since Bing, Yahoo, Ask, and Google use the same protocol, having a Sitemap lets the four biggest search engines have the updated page information. Sitemaps do not guarantee all links will be crawled, and being crawled does not guarantee indexing. However, a Sitemap is still the best insurance for getting a search engine to learn about your entire site.
- Live Radcodes SE4 Demo Sitemap XML file
- Sitemap XML in Gzip
- Test Title, Description, Keywords, Owner for Blog View page
(see admin config)
- Test Classified Browse page
(see admin config)